Friday, May 1, 2009

Confession Friday, Week Two

Look at me, two weeks in a row! Who said I had no discipline? Oh right, that was me.

Happy Friday everyone (do you like how I pretend there are actually people reading this?), I hope that you have exciting weekend plans, unlike me. It's time for my next enthralling confession....

I confess that I am obsessed with Gossip Girl.



I am an intelligent, educated person. I know that this show (and many of the others that I watch religiously) is dumb. But I don't care. When the show goes on a break, I mourn every Monday night until it comes back. I can't get enough of the Chuck-Blair-Nate-Serena-Vanessa-Jenny love hexagon (that's the one with 6 sides, right?). I can't get enough of Dorota, the ridiculously awesome maid. I can't get enough of watching these spoiled rotten teenagers take over Manhattan, with very little supervision from their parents.

I even read two of the books that inspired the show on my honeymoon. I am apparently a 16 year old trapped in a 20-something's body.

But do you know the best part about it? My husband loves it too. Now, I have to tell you that he could not be more of a guy's guy. He plays on 4 different softball teams, the only thing he reads is ESPN Magazine, and he would watch sports all day every day if I let him. He is not exactly the key demographic for Gossip Girl. And yet, he's hooked. Now, if you asked him to his face, he would most likely downplay it. But he's sitting there on the couch with me every week, rolling his eyes at Chuck's nonsense, and laughing at Blair's one-liners. It's fantastic.


P.S. While I hate teenagers in real life, I love them on TV.

1 comment:

  1. LoL, I know exactly how you feel! It's soooo addictive. I haven't seen it in a while, because when I moved to Houston, I gave away my TV, but I know how it is!

    That's so funny about your husband. It's like my husband and that show Felicity. It used to be my favorite show when it was out, and I have all the DVDs. I asked him if he would watch some with me, and then he was hooked. He watched every episode, and now he admits to me that it's one of his favorite TV show series ever. LoL.

    ReplyDelete